Call our team today on 0161 959 0166
Office opening hours
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.00pm

New for old cover or indemnity cover?

New for old cover or indemnity cover?

These will form the basis for a settlement pay-out, according to which option is chosen. Contents insurance is usually arranged on a new-for-old basis, thereby guaranteeing that the insurer pays the full costs to repair or replace an item. However, indemnity insurance is based upon a reflective ‘wear and tear’ or depreciation value deduction in pay-out. Although indemnity policies are cheaper than new-for-old cover, they can end up being much more expensive in the long run, especially on a large claim.

Posted by admin

FREE no obligation
mortgage advice

Receive a call-back or call us free on 0161 959 0166

Newsletter Signup

Keep upto date with latest news

[mc4wp_form id="338"]

Reasons to choose Charles Louis

Independent FCA regulated mortgage advisers, here to give you the whole market mortgage options.

FCA Regulated


Whole Market Access


Expert Advice


Great Feedback

Speak to an expert adviser today and let us help you. Request a call-back call us on 0161 959 0166